• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 8, 2016 at 7:17am Spright likes this

Post by Steve on May 8, 2016 at 7:17am

May 7, 2016 at 11:18pm @gensokyopailkid said:

May 7, 2016 at 9:36pm Steve said:
    Topps is jealous. Really jealous. Plus, a low down dirty scum bucket tipped them off. That person is also jealous. And butt-hurt.

Where is there proof someone tipped them off? Did you guys get a message saying "this guy told us you're making stuff and we don't like it"?

I'm not going into details, let's just say "I know".

Comment

May 8, 2016 at 9:27am

Post by Game8 on May 8, 2016 at 9:27am

May 8, 2016 at 7:17am Steve said:

May 7, 2016 at 11:18pm @gensokyopailkid said:
      Where is there proof someone tipped them off? Did you guys get a message saying "this guy told us you're making stuff and we don't like it"?

Wow ok. I always thought that topps knew these fansets were being made. I think its probaly a mix of things that made topps step up.

Anyways i got mine in yesterday and love the new fs! Thx jimbo, rusvan and others for making these awesome fan sets over the years. The will be missed.

Comment

May 8, 2016 at 9:47am Game8 and billo like this

Post by Steve on May 8, 2016 at 9:47am

May 8, 2016 at 9:27am Game8 said:

May 8, 2016 at 7:17am Steve said:

Wow ok. I always thought that they knew these fansets were being made. I think its probably a mix of things that made them step up.

Yea, I think they knew to some degree. They've gone after artists, cheap toy custom makers, etc. They knows that fans create their own collectibles, but I don't think they go actively hunting down every single person using images or violating copyright laws. It takes some jackhole to go running to said company saying "OOOOO LOOOOOOK! They are making custom stuff! Get em!". My guess is said company sees that the items produced by these amateurs/former artists is 100 times better than the crap they are producing, and decides to shut them down before the sheep still buying the garbage said company is producing realizes that they've been had.

Comment

May 8, 2016 at 10:13am

Post by JasonDecay on May 8, 2016 at 10:13am

Topps has had employees on this board before, they knew these sets existed. But they also seem to be cracking down a little lately, they shut down mr. Potters coloring book also. I am shocked so many people get away with selling the 1/100 prints etc. because that's not just selling a 1/1 tribute or hand drawn art, that's actively reproducing something under copyright....but it's all sketchy to me.

Most of the art people use and draw are from th 80s, topps already did the 30th anniversary set and the first two chrome sets...they should be done with OS 1 and 2 now. Maybe there's a secret os3 chrome set coming soon and they want to protect profits....because surely they don't thing slimey tv crap is gong to sell big.

Comment

May 8, 2016 at 11:12am Steve likes this

Post by Game8 on May 8, 2016 at 11:12am

May 8, 2016 at 9:47am Steve said:

May 8, 2016 at 9:27am Game8 said:
            Wow ok. I always thought that they knew these fansets were being made. I think its probably a mix of things that made them step up.

Yea, I think they knew to some degree. They've gone after artists, cheap toy custom makers, etc. They knows that fans create their own collectibles, but I don't think they go actively hunting down every single person using images or violating copyright laws. It takes some jackhole to go running to said company saying "OOOOO LOOOOOOK! They are making custom stuff! Get em!". My guess is said company sees that the items produced by these amateurs/former artists is 100 times better than the crap they are producing, and decides to shut them down before the sheep still buying the garbage said company is producing realizes that they've been had.

If thats true and that guy is a member here he should be dropped kicked the f**k out of here for doing that. And i agree with jason. It must have been public knowledge at topps. I mean its kinda a big deal when these fs drop on here and i'm pretty sure the scan this site. With there own fanbase shrinking and sales dropping there going after these fan made items that sale better then there own crap. And lets not forget, i saw the back of the fs6 bonus card even tho it was brilliant it was a kinda "f**k you topps"

Comment

May 8, 2016 at 6:11pm

Post by gpkware on May 8, 2016 at 6:11pm

I have yet to see the fs 6, and it is a shame that it has come to a end. Thank you for all who made them possible. I also wondered about the custom posters and sketchs and such on other gpk sites being sold. I think a few are better then others etc etc. All the GPK money being thrown around is for resale or trade of old items etc. Next you know Nintendo will have those bootleg nintendo's recalled...

Comment

May 8, 2016 at 9:43pm via mobile

Post by amoebaswatter on May 8, 2016 at 9:43pm

May 8, 2016 at 6:11pm gpkware said:
                Next you know Nintendo will have those bootleg nintendo's recalled...

Shhhh! Don't stir the pot and give Nintendo any dumb ideas. I have already lost the Fan Sets. I don't want any more of my childhood memories taken from me.

Comment

May 9, 2016 at 1:21am via mobile Spright and Fermentis like this

Post by Fuzz on May 9, 2016 at 1:21am

I saw this on Instagram last week.

Not saying this was the cause, but advertising these fan sets on social media probably wasn't a wise idea, since they technically are illegal. Hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people may have seen that picture. The odds of some random asshole reporting it to Topps increased exponentially, or Topps saw it themselves and had no choice but to finally crackdown.

Comment

May 9, 2016 at 8:12pm

Post by Broodwich on May 9, 2016 at 8:12pm

Wow deja-vu? I believe something similar to this happened recently with a coloring book that was being offered very un-awesome.

Comment

May 9, 2016 at 9:33pm

Post by thebiggerm on May 9, 2016 at 9:33pm

Got my invoice taken care of in the nick of time!!! I might have been the last.

Silly question but anybody want to come off FS 1, 2, or 3? I have lots to trade!!
                      Trade stock: OS 3 5 6 7 8 10 11 15 unopened packs. Foreign UK 1 packs, Garbage Gang 3rd packs, some Sgorbions singles & stamps, lots of base cards from newer releases, some prism refractors, Duncan Pumpkin Swirl error with a couple dings...

Comment

May 9, 2016 at 11:28pm via mobile

Post by GPKDNA79 on May 9, 2016 at 11:28pm

May 9, 2016 at 9:33pm thebiggerm said:
                        Got my invoice taken care of in the nick of time!!! I might have been the last.

Silly question but anybody want to come off FS 1, 2, or 3? I have lots to trade!!
                        Trade stock: OS 3 5 6 7 8 10 11 15 unopened packs. Foreign UK 1 packs, Garbage Gang 3rd packs, some Sgorbions singles & stamps, lots of base cards from newer releases, some prism refractors, Duncan Pumpkin Swirl error with a couple dings...

I've been looking for 1 and 2 also . apparently last one went for like $500 for series 1 and prolly not to far off for series 2 ...who knows now ...good luck

Comment

May 10, 2016 at 3:21am via mobile

Post by monkeyplums on May 10, 2016 at 3:21am

Very sad to hear. Thank you guys for all the hard work on these sets. Too bad a couple bad apples can spoil the bunch.

Comment

May 10, 2016 at 5:13pm

Post by Broodwich on May 10, 2016 at 5:13pm

"Topps was sued by the makers of Cabbage Patch Kids, Coleco, for trademark infringement. As part of the out-of-court settlement, Topps agreed to modify the appearance of the Garbage Pail Kids to remove the resemblance between the characters, and to change the logo design. Production of the cards themselves continued, but by 1988 sales had dwindled and a planned 16th series was never produced."

hmm.....

Comment

May 10, 2016 at 8:05pm via mobile

Post by amoebaswatter on May 10, 2016 at 8:05pm

May 10, 2016 at 5:13pm Broodwich said:
                              "Topps was sued by the makers of Cabbage Patch Kids, Coleco, for trademark infringement. As part of the out-of-court settlement, Topps agreed to modify the appearance of the Garbage Pail Kids to remove the resemblance between the characters, and to change the logo design. Production of the cards themselves continued, but by 1988 sales had dwindled and a planned 16th series was never produced."

hmm.....

Exactly my point. The hypocrisy and irony here knows no bounds.

Comment

May 10, 2016 at 9:57pm

Post by thebiggerm on May 10, 2016 at 9:57pm

Found a Fan Set P1 Adam Bomb Promo from the UG, only 33.99

www.gpkstoreandmore.com/#!bonus-and-promos-page/c1l8m

Found, not purchased

Comment

• Filter
                                • Time
                                • Show
                                • New Topics
                                Clear All
                                No content found
                                Show More

• Filter
                                • Time
                                • Show
                                • New Topics
                                Clear All
                                Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
                                Directory Topics Posts Last Post
                                Garbage Pail Kids Discussion
                                Topics: 56 Posts: 712
                                56 712
                                Sub-Forums:
                                Retail Card Releases
                                Talk about OS, ANS, BNS, Chrome, Yearly, etc. series here

Talk about Foreign, Online and Digital below
                                Topics: 79 Posts: 727
                                79 727
                                Sub-Forums:
                                Foreign Sets (18/201)
                                Official Merchandise - Toys, Items, etc.
                                Talk about officially licensed merchandise here. Cheap Toys, Minikins, Funko, Imperial, etc.
                                Topics: 75 Posts: 1,049
                                75 1,049
                                Sub-Forums:
                                Cheap Toys (17/695)
                                GPK Funko's (7/56)
                                GPK Minikins (5/59)
                                Unofficial GPK Products
                                Talk about artist theme sets, fan sets and various bootleg cards and items here
                                Topics: 29 Posts: 383
                                29 383
                                Sub-Forums:
                                GPKUG Fansets (17/215)
                                Ebay & Other Selling Venues
                                Talk about Ebay auctions or any other sites that have GPK for sale here
                                Topics: 19 Posts: 158
                                19 158
                                HEY TOPPS!!!
                                Talk to or about Topps here
                                Topics: 11 Posts: 104
                                11 104
                                General GPK Discussion
                                Talk about all things GPK here that don't fit into the categories above. News, 80's stories, movie/cartoon, comics, etc.
                                Topics: 52 Posts: 891
                                52 891
                                Sub-Forums:
                                Garbage Pail Kids Art
                                Original Art
                                Talk about official card final art, color roughs and pencil art here
                                Topics: 42 Posts: 169
                                42 169
                                admin
                                by admin
                                Sub-Forums:
                                Sketch Cards
                                Talk about sketch cards here related to any release
                                Topics: 8 Posts: 41
                                8 41
                                Artists & Card Shows
                                Exclusive info on the artists that create GPK and the card shows they attend
                                Topics: 3 Posts: 1,161
                                3 1,161
                                Trade Depot
                                GPK Deal or No Deal
                                Can you beat the banker?
                                Topics: 2 Posts: 2
                                2 2
                                Feedback Forum
                                Post feedback about member transactions here
                                Topics: 13 Posts: 80
                                13 80
                                WTT - Trade Lists
                                Post your list of needs here. Follow the posting instructions to get the best results
                                Topics: 13 Posts: 19
                                13 19
                                WTS & WTB Marketplace
                                Post what you are selling or what you want to buy here
                                Topics: 79 Posts: 172
                                79 172
                                Members Only
                                Anything & Everything
                                Everything Else
                                Talk about anything here. Overall general discussion
                                Topics: 27 Posts: 330
                                27 330
                                Movies, Music, TV, Video Games, etc.
                                Talk about all other media here
                                Topics: 32 Posts: 487
                                32 487
                                Sub-Forums:
                                Other Collectibles & Card Sets
                                Talk about any other collectible item that isn't GPK related here
                                Topics: 4 Posts: 39
                                4 39
                                Board News and Rules
                                News and rules about GPKUG will be posted here
                                Topics: 35 Posts: 1,262
                                35 1,262
                                Sub-Forums:
                                GPKUG CON's (4/919)
                                Post Graveyard (13/213)

Garbage Pail Kids Underground Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 660   Posts: 8,623   Members: 543   Active Members: 6
                                Welcome to our newest member, Kinniku Bomb.
                                Working...
                                X