X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how long until the next crash?

Market has been crazy for a while, how long do you think until we see it all fall? Will the new collectors continue to shell out big money for new sets?

We’ll see it after C3. It’s starting already you can feel it.

Comment

Are you talking about the market just for new GPK? Because I'm wondering the same for OS cards, and whether the OS art market will ever go back to what it used to be. I think the market for the OS cards might drop, but I'm not sure the OS art market will drop (at least not right away).

Comment

I'm talking about the market overall. Yes it'll take longer to hit OS Art and it might never get hit. But Topps is causing consumer fatigue now with our favorite brand. I don't think they have the ability to hit the happy median they need to. We goes years without anything, years with scarce releases, years with limited production and availability. Now we are about to go into year two of weekly online releases. Bi-Monthly Major Set releases, Weekly Chotchkies, GPK Cars, GPK Blankets etc...etc. At some point the funds people have will dry up and they're starting to people are over extending on mass produced releases or on demand sets. At some point the noobs will start to understand they're be fleeced by Topps. I saw a guy on FB who just started collecting asking stupid ass questions last week complain at the price of completing a master set of 35th. Well know shit dumbass why bother? It's cheaper to buy actual rare pieces than to complete a set that the company made near impossible to complete to make money. I see people asking if they scan the blaster box for each pack in it. Let me own the store that guy goes to I'd be rich. I would say the bubble is going to burst soon. I would say we'll go back to diehards only again.

Comment

I'm also referring to the entire market with my original post.

Thanks for the responses guys, love hearing everyone's thoughts.

Comment

I'm seeing prices drop again. I've been getting some imperial stuff way cheap. Bounce balls for $5, glasses for $20.
            Too much product and not enough money coming into peoples pockets with covid.

Comment

OS market will not drop. More and more people 35-50 yrs old are going to have their mid life crisis and have more disposable income over the next 20+ yrs to buy things from the 80s. Things like GPK will continue to go up just like trains and other toys from other gens have. Eventually it will pass just like it has for these other collectibles for all but the rare items.

Comment

That’s very true the problem with most new collectors is the lack of mnowledge when it comes to rare items most have are Facebook raised GPK Fans and never made their bones here getting their balls busted until they learned what to look for instead of what Topps wants you to look for. The only time they want you to know about the old stuff is when they rerelease it for the hundredth time. I still don’t get border chaser? Topps produced them in those qty’s to force you to buy more product. It’s not an item that either due to time/ location or actual process they’re rare. By the way how the hell do people spend so much on sketch cards some are as much as finals now.

Comment

Shouldn't be long, C3 with no Pound/Bunk???..... Sigh...

Comment

Preach Derek preach !!

Comment

Oh I think the crash just happened. GPK Sapphire limited the 582 club. Boom the bubble pops. This is going to piss off a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by dxtc View Post
                        Oh I think the crash just happened. GPK Sapphire limited the 582 club. Boom the bubble pops. This is going to piss off a lot of people.
                        You all are my buds unless as previously stated you call me notorious, regardless of how this pans out. I love my GPK but yea definite SLAP in the smoke hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Broodwich View Post

You all are my buds unless as previously stated you call me notorious, regardless of how this pans out. I love my GPK but yea definite SLAP in the smoke hole.
                          all I can say is other than the artist and the great job they’ve been doing Topps has in a way butchered GPK to the point where you have to be a big money collector or lucky enough to have a Target loaded with blasters because the biggest damn hits I’ve seen are out of blasters really?!?! I don’t care about hits honest engine but I know people really do and I talk a bunch of shit but in reality collect want you want how you want. But nobody is stopping and saying it why are more Red and Supers and Auto being pulled out of Blasters than Hobby boxes so far? Did Topps do the unspeakable and load Retail related boxes to bring in more collectors? I don’t want to believe it but we also will never know if it’s not the truth. Now you drop Sapphire for a very elite club? A week after Chrome 3 and a month after 35th? Not to mention right before Christmas man this looks bad. Then you have the Tchotchkie Nation public apology for telling Olivier to fuck off. And touting even more releases come on they might as well just rob everyone it would be cheaper for them.

Comment

• Filter
                          • Time
                          • Show
                          • New Topics
                          Clear All
                          No content found
                          Show More

• Filter
                          • Time
                          • Show
                          • New Topics
                          Clear All
                          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
                          Directory Topics Posts Last Post
                          Garbage Pail Kids Discussion
                          Topics: 51 Posts: 678
                          51 678
                          RappyPappy
                          Sub-Forums:
                          Retail Card Releases
                          Talk about OS, ANS, BNS, Chrome, Yearly, etc. series here

Talk about Foreign, Online and Digital below
                          Topics: 50 Posts: 529
                          50 529
                          Sub-Forums:
                          Foreign Sets (13/114)
                          Official Merchandise - Toys, Items, etc.
                          Talk about officially licensed merchandise here. Cheap Toys, Minikins, Funko, Imperial, etc.
                          Topics: 54 Posts: 551
                          54 551
                          Sub-Forums:
                          Cheap Toys (14/277)
                          GPK Funko's (5/49)
                          GPK Minikins (3/29)
                          Unofficial GPK Products
                          Talk about artist theme sets, fan sets and various bootleg cards and items here
                          Topics: 10 Posts: 280
                          10 280
                          Ebay & Other Selling Venues
                          Talk about Ebay auctions or any other sites that have GPK for sale here
                          Topics: 11 Posts: 121
                          11 121
                          HEY TOPPS!!!
                          Talk to or about Topps here
                          Topics: 8 Posts: 77
                          Last Post: Bought 6 Blasters
                          8 77
                          GPK GEM MINT
                          General GPK Discussion
                          Talk about all things GPK here that don't fit into the categories above. News, 80's stories, movie/cartoon, comics, etc.
                          Topics: 24 Posts: 618
                          24 618
                          Garbage Pail Kids Art
                          Original Art
                          Talk about official card final art, color roughs and pencil art here
                          Topics: 41 Posts: 175
                          41 175
                          GPKwinton
                          Sub-Forums:
                          Sketch Cards
                          Talk about sketch cards here related to any release
                          Topics: 6 Posts: 39
                          6 39
                          Artists & Card Shows
                          Exclusive info on the artists that create GPK and the card shows they attend
                          Topics: 2 Posts: 27
                          2 27
                          Trade Depot
                          Feedback Forum
                          Post feedback about member transactions here
                          Topics: 13 Posts: 113
                          Last Post: LiquidFox Feedback
                          13 113
                          GPK GEM MINT
                          WTT - Trade Lists
                          Post your list of needs here. Follow the posting instructions to get the best results
                          Topics: 8 Posts: 11
                          8 11
                          WTS & WTB Marketplace
                          Post what you are selling or what you want to buy here
                          Topics: 43 Posts: 103
                          43 103
                          Members Only
                          Anything & Everything
                          Everything Else
                          Talk about anything here. Overall general discussion
                          Topics: 24 Posts: 222
                          24 222
                          dxtc
                          by dxtc
                          Movies, Music, TV, Video Games, etc.
                          Talk about all other media here
                          Topics: 30 Posts: 289
                          30 289
                          Sub-Forums:
                          Other Collectibles & Card Sets
                          Talk about any other collectible item that isn't GPK related here
                          Topics: 3 Posts: 37
                          3 37
                          kris mccloy
                          Board News and Rules
                          News and rules about GPKUG will be posted here
                          Topics: 23 Posts: 499
                          23 499
                          dxtc
                          by dxtc
                          Sub-Forums:
                          GPKUG CON's (1/332)

Garbage Pail Kids Underground Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 473   Posts: 5,569   Members: 289   Active Members: 91
                          Welcome to our newest member, Karen Fragano.
                          Working...
                          X