X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING! The Hundreds Promo Set Is Fake!

So I thought it would be a good idea to bring this thread over for our new members. I’ve seen The Hundreds promo cards sell for high prices on the FB and not have a nice fat* for being a bootleg next to it. When I posted Travis in the UG’s Hall of Shame I received some questions from new members asking what it was about. Please see below:

Posted by Cory:

Hello Everyone,

First of all, props to Steve for sending me this information.

I want to put this warning out there for the GPK community that frequents this site (many other GPK sites are also doing this). I haven't had a chance to fully get all of the details this but Steve has done some due diligence. Also, other GPK communities are reporting this and have researched it extensively. I'll be reaching out to get the full story myself so I have a clear understanding of what has gone down, but for now I feel obligated to issue this warning to you so you don't plunk down your hard earned money on BS products. I'll post and update to this thread as more information comes in.

It has come to my attention that The Hundreds promo set is a bootleg set. This set has been represented by people as authentic and rare. It is actually a set produced by a third party and not produced by The Hundreds Service Company.

Here is response from the Company's Customer Service person saying that the Hundreds promo cards were never produced as small sticker cards.

Here is a link from another forum talking about how many sets were actually produced

nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2577004176

It has also come to my attention that UG Member TRAVIS is a key person behind this bootleg set. Obviously, this is unacceptable behavior and will blacklist him forever on the UG if this is true. Producing fake cards isn't really that big of a deal, but representing bootlegs as authentic is a MAJOR FUGGIN DEAL. Apparently, many people were unaware that these sets were bootlegs and were charged upwards of $65 per set. This post is from the UK Collectors Hub facebook page talking about what has been uncovered (true source unknown).

We have some unfortunate news for the members of this community. Anyone who has purchased "The Hundreds set" from Travis Tierno has been lied to and scammed. We have contacted The Hundreds Company and a number of other sources and found out that they never released this set. A small card set was never produced, Only the jumbo cards and keychains were officially licensed.

This set is 100% bootleg and Travis Tierno is behind this. Every sale from original owners of the small 100s card set and promo card can be traced back to Travis. Original sets sold in 2013 for 20-30$ while recently sets have sold upwards to 55$ and 65$ respectively.

We are sorry to be the ones to tell everyone this but we figured it was the right thing to do to warn others about this fake set. The Hundreds Promo set was supposed to be a limited edition of 50 sets, Travis supposedly had 25 of the 50 for sale. We stopped counting when we hit 36. Layron, who painted the actual artwork has no knowledge of a set of small cards being made. They were never produced by Topps as they have no copyright. There is extensive amounts of evidence here and he has been demodded in most groups and is currently banned from GPKUG (Garbage Pail Kids Underground forum) and various other forums and gpk groups online.

We have temporarily banned TRAVIS from this site while we wait for further information. I'm hoping this is some kind of weird misunderstanding. Again, I will post updates as we figure out the situation.

As for now, I'd highly recommend that you view the sets as bootlegs and act accordingly.

Feel free to post your opinions below and/or tell your stories on how you were taken (or not taken).Hello Everyone,

First of all, props to Steve for sending me this information.

I want to put this warning out there for the GPK community that frequents this site (many other GPK sites are also doing this). I haven't had a chance to fully get all of the details this but Steve has done some due diligence. Also, other GPK communities are reporting this and have researched it extensively. I'll be reaching out to get the full story myself so I have a clear understanding of what has gone down, but for now I feel obligated to issue this warning to you so you don't plunk down your hard earned money on BS products. I'll post and update to this thread as more information comes in.

It has come to my attention that The Hundreds promo set is a bootleg set. This set has been represented by people as authentic and rare. It is actually a set produced by a third party and not produced by The Hundreds Service Company.

Here is response from the Company's Customer Service person saying that the Hundreds promo cards were never produced as small sticker cards.

Here is a link from another forum talking about how many sets were actually produced

nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2577004176

It has also come to my attention that UG Member TRAVIS is a key person behind this bootleg set. Obviously, this is unacceptable behavior and will blacklist him forever on the UG if this is true. Producing fake cards isn't really that big of a deal, but representing bootlegs as authentic is a MAJOR FUGGIN DEAL. Apparently, many people were unaware that these sets were bootlegs and were charged upwards of $65 per set. This post is from the UK Collectors Hub facebook page talking about what has been uncovered (true source unknown).

We have some unfortunate news for the members of this community. Anyone who has purchased "The Hundreds set" from Travis Tierno has been lied to and scammed. We have contacted The Hundreds Company and a number of other sources and found out that they never released this set. A small card set was never produced, Only the jumbo cards and keychains were officially licensed.

This set is 100% bootleg and Travis Tierno is behind this. Every sale from original owners of the small 100s card set and promo card can be traced back to Travis. Original sets sold in 2013 for 20-30$ while recently sets have sold upwards to 55$ and 65$ respectively.

We are sorry to be the ones to tell everyone this but we figured it was the right thing to do to warn others about this fake set. The Hundreds Promo set was supposed to be a limited edition of 50 sets, Travis supposedly had 25 of the 50 for sale. We stopped counting when we hit 36. Layron, who painted the actual artwork has no knowledge of a set of small cards being made. They were never produced by Topps as they have no copyright. There is extensive amounts of evidence here and he has been demodded in most groups and is currently banned from GPKUG (Garbage Pail Kids Underground forum) and various other forums and gpk groups online.

We have temporarily banned TRAVIS from this site while we wait for further information. I'm hoping this is some kind of weird misunderstanding. Again, I will post updates as we figure out the situation.

As for now, I'd highly recommend that you view the sets as bootlegs and act accordingly.

Feel free to post your opinions below and/or tell your stories on how you were taken (or not taken).

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
No content found
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
Directory Topics Posts Last Post
Garbage Pail Kids Discussion
Retail Card Releases
Talk about OS, ANS, BNS, Chrome, Yearly, etc. series here

Talk about Foreign, Online and Digital below
Topics: 21 Posts: 152
21 152
Sub-Forums:
Foreign Sets (5/27)
Official Merchandise - Toys, Items, etc.
Talk about officially licensed merchandise here. Cheap Toys, Minikins, Funko, Imperial, etc.
Topics: 16 Posts: 83
16 83
Unofficial GPK Products
Talk about artist theme sets, fan sets and various bootleg cards and items here
Topics: 5 Posts: 87
5 87
GPK GEM MINT
Ebay & Other Selling Venues
Talk about Ebay auctions or any other sites that have GPK for sale here
Topics: 3 Posts: 43
Last Post: eBay Usernames
3 43
Stinger
by Stinger
HEY TOPPS!!!
Talk to or about Topps here
Topics: 4 Posts: 25
Last Post: Topps Sucks
4 25
dxtc
by dxtc
General GPK Discussion
Talk about all things GPK here that don't fit into the categories above. News, 80's stories, movie/cartoon, comics, etc.
Topics: 6 Posts: 47
6 47
Garbage Pail Kids Art
Original Art
Talk about official card final art, color roughs and pencil art here
Topics: 35 Posts: 87
35 87
dxtc
by dxtc
Sub-Forums:
Sketch Cards
Talk about sketch cards here related to any release
Topics: 5 Posts: 25
5 25
Artists & Card Shows
Exclusive info on the artists that create GPK and the card shows they attend
Topics: 0 Posts: 0
0 0
Trade Depot
Feedback Forum
Post feedback about member transactions here
Topics: 10 Posts: 110
10 110
dxtc
by dxtc
WTT - Trade Lists
Post your list of needs here. Follow the posting instructions to get the best results
Topics: 1 Posts: 1
1 1
WTS & WTB Marketplace
Post what you are selling or what you want to buy here
Topics: 17 Posts: 43
17 43
Members Only
Anything & Everything
Everything Else
Talk about anything here. Overall general discussion
Topics: 13 Posts: 157
13 157
Movies, Music, TV, Video Games, etc.
Talk about all other media here
Topics: 21 Posts: 189
21 189
Other Collectibles & Card Sets
Talk about any other collectible item that isn't GPK related here
Topics: 1 Posts: 23
1 23
Board News and Rules
News and rules about GPKUG will be posted here
Topics: 14 Posts: 63
14 63
Stinger
by Stinger
Sub-Forums:

Garbage Pail Kids Underground Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 201   Posts: 1,340   Members: 215   Active Members: 215
Welcome to our newest member, barrenaaron.
Working...
X